Caroline Jordan Fitness Schedule and Special Events June 26 – July 2:
Monday 6/27: 5:30pm Competition Core and 6-645pm Chisel’d, *** NEW CLASS 6:50-7:15pm VIPER EQUINOX
Wednesday 6/29: *** NEW CLASS 5:30-6:00pm VIPER, 6-630pm Chisel’d, 630-7pm Core Strength and Stretch EQUINOX
Thursday 6/30: 12:30pm Cycling EQUINOX .
Friday 7/1: 12pm Abs and 12:30pm Cycling EQUINOX .
Saturday 7/2: 10am Chisel’d and 11am Cycling EQUINOX .
TEAM UP AND SAVE with GROUP personal training! Currently offering JULY discounted rates on couples and group personal training sessions and packages. Get your summer fitness routine started STRONG with a custom fit workout plan and an extra dose of exercise motivation. Hurry up and book – time slots fill up fast! CONTACT ME for details.
Fearless Fitness Tip Of the Week: Do you need to be a doctor for that?
A medicine ball is a weighted ball, usually between 4-12 pounds, that you can use in your exercise routine. Due to its weight and shape, it requires a lot of coordination, strength, and stamina to keep under control. The medicine ball is one of the oldest pieces of fitness equipment still used for training today. The ball has been a favorite training toy among athletes and warriors for over 3,000 years. Medicine Balls were even used by Egyptians, Roman gladiators, and the Greek Spartans in ancient times! Nowadays, you can find med balls in use among Olympic athletes, the first lady of the United States, as well as in most gyms across the country.
MEDICINE BALL BENEFITS
- Functional Strength — The medicine Ball is one of the most effective tools to train all of the muscle groups in your body, especially the important stabilizing muscles that work together for functional strength. This is a huge athletic advantage and isolation lifting does not provide this. Over time, your body will learn to become more efficient (use less energy) because it learns what muscles are needed to work together during certain movements with the ball. When a medicine ball is thrown to you, the path it travels is not exactly known. Therefore, when you catch it, you have to use different muscle groups to balance your body and control the ball. Each repetition is not exactly the same as the last because it is hard to throw, move, or catch a medicine ball the exact same way each time. This trains your body’s muscles to react faster to handle the heavy load in a natural way.
- FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH FOR ENDORPHIN JUNKIES. Click on the link to read how medicine balls can be used to improve performance in endurance athletes.
- Versatility — Exercises can be tailored for specific sports or movements. Medicine balls can be used on a spectrum from rehabilitation training to plyometric training.
- Inexpensive and Accessible — To use the medicine balls, you do not need to purchase expensive or complicated equipment. Many times, you can buy a new med ball for around $20. Most gyms and clubs have an array of different medicine balls to choose from. Ask the floor trainer to point you in the right direction!
Fearless Fitness Challenge of the Week: Medicine Ball Madness!
MEDICINE BALL EXERCISES
You can do a TON of exercises with the ball. Squats, lunges, woodchops… anything is possible and will challenge your body in a different way than regular weight training. Your challenge this week is to explore different ways to workout with the medicine ball. Come up with THREE of your favorite exercises – how can you use the medicine call to challenge YOUR body? Here’s my FAVORITE functional core circuit using a medicine ball… can you handle it?
Do you currently use medicine balls? What is YOUR favorite med ball exercise?
We will be using the medicine ball in class this week…. come and get ready to BRING IT!
A few other things you WANT to check out this week:
- I came . I spun . I conquered . One spinner’s experience in my spin class!
- The great ABS debate. Do you need to workout ABS every day?
- A very personal blog on getting a THICK SKIN. Do you have one?
- HEALTHY recipes and meal ideas at #1 wellness resort and spa, CANYON RANCH.